Guinea President confident war against Ebola virus will be won

CONAKRY, March 31 -- Guinea's government has taken measures to fight against the Ebola epidemic which appeared in the country on Feb. 9 and has so far claimed 78 lives out of 122 reported cases.

Addressing the country on Sunday, President Alpha Conde said the disease was now affecting the most active members of society such as hospital workers in areas including Kissidougou, Guekedou, Macenta and Conakry.

"I want to reassure the population that thanks to the support of the international community, all measures had been taken to effectively fight this epidemic," the Guinean president said.

He said measures taken by the government should inspire confidence and trust that a quick solution will be found on the epidemic which is affecting the Guinean population.

Conde urged his fellow citizens to strictly respect prevention measures taken by health services and not to panic.

The Guinean leader further urged foreigners in the country to remain calm, noting that besides Guinean medical staff, more foreign medical practitioners had arrived to help combat the disease.

相关信息

使用搜索工具,可以更快找到你想要的资料!

特别推荐
最新资料